Important Patient Information - Changes to Procedures
- Please only enter the premises if you have an appointment or collecting a prescription
- If attending for an appointment please wear a face covering
- Attend alone if possible
- Arrive on time for appointments (no more than 5mins beforehand)
- Use the hand sanitiser provided upon arrival
- Do not use the toilet facilities unless absolutely necessary
Please maintain social distancing measures when at reception
Your assistance in these areas is greatly appreciated
If you have a fever, cough or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste DO NOT ENTER the Health Centre and you MUST self isolate for 7 days. If you are severely unwell or breathless then you should consult NHS Inform website www.nhsinform.scot and phone NHS 24 on 111 as first point of contact.
For repeat prescription requests
- Please order these via our website or the local pharmacy (Currie/Balerno/Juniper Green) and they can collect your prescription from us.
- If using the website please nominate a local pharmacy (as above), if you wish, for your prescription to go to or send us a stamped-addressed envelope by post for us to return your prescription to you. Alternatively prescriptions can be collected from the surgery.
For routine health advice or for minor ailments
To aid us in minimising the spread of infection we have moved to telephone consultations rather than face-to-face appointments, where possible. Please consider using your local pharmacy or NHS Inform website www.nhsinform.scot as your first point of contact. If you do need an appointment please book it by telephone rather than turning up in person.
Thank you for your co-operation during these exceptional circumstances.
The Practice is a non-limited partnership and was founded in 1994 having originally functioned as a branch surgery of Currie Group Practice since 1971. We provide the full range of General Medical Services under the National Health Service as well as other non-NHS services as detailed in this leaflet. The Practice also largely constitutes the University Health Service for Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
We aim to provide a high quality, caring service to improve the health and wellbeing of all our patients.
The Practice is well serviced by public transport – Lothian Regional buses 25, 34, 35, 45 and 63.
(Site updated 07/07/2020)